Other awesome things about the second trimester:
- I got my energy back! I still take naps here and there, but my sleepiness is nothing like it was week 5 through 13. During those weeks I felt like a zombie--it's amazing what exhaustion will do to your brain and your social life.
- Food is my friend again. I'm eating, finally! And I don't mean just saltines and gingerale. I am eating real, adult-sized meals complete with an iced tea.
- I no longer detest chocolate. This miracle happend around week 18 and I couldn't be happier. Although the break-up was hard, and feelings got hurt, Godiva and I are back together!
- No more vomitting!
- I feel productive. I'm actually getting things done at work and at home and don't have to worry about hubby doing all the cooking, cleaning, dog walking, etc. I am once again an active participant in my house and office.
- Movement down below. Feeling little Poppy move has got to be the coolest thing. Ever. At first the movements were sporadic but now he/she moves constantly! Another cool thing is feeling when Poppy has hiccups, it's really quite amazing.
- Getting more maternity clothes. I finally found some cute maternity dresses and shirts to wear that don't cost a trillion dollars like the garments at Pea in the Pod. $30 maternity jeans--score!
- Indigestion. I've never really had indigestion before but, wow, talk about miserable! I now keep a bottle of Tums on my nightstand and in my desk drawer.
- Less sleep. I get up to pee about 5 times a night now. Between that and the baby kicking me constantly sleep kinda sucks right now. But I try to think that this is just to prepare for life with a newborn.
- I'm always hungry. Seriously, I never feel satisfied. I just had a garden burger, an apple, and a plum and I am still starving. It's ridiculous.
So that about sums up trimester number two! Now I'm in the home stretch :)